Island Tournaments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by xevanster13, Feb 3, 2017.

1. xevanster13

xevanster13 Admin Staff Member Admin

Usually, at the end of a season, there are a series of tournaments, everyone knows that. This weekend, we were suppose to have our January tournament, but, due to some changes in staff, the tournament will have to be cancelled. Mop, the servers last Head Admin had resigned, and so we have no one to be able to do coupons or even fix the server if it crashes, which tends to happen in between tournaments. So, until Lachlan gives another admin perms to do anything, the Island Tournaments are no longer going to happen, as well as no more resets. We are terribly sorry, but the Island Admins may come up with something else to do on Island. It has not been confirmed yet, though, so the server can be used to complete the Pokedex, create teams and battle with your friends!

Prosnips111 likes this.
  2. IpadDoesPvP

IpadDoesPvP Helper Staff Member Helper

rip af (1st btw)

Prosnips111 likes this.
  3. Ishrion

Ishrion Helper Staff Member Helper

Yoooo I can keep my zombie Gary even longer XD

4. Xylotile

Xylotile Well-Known Member

So we are just suppose to wait for someone that may or may not come back?

Cordus likes this.
  5. Tailzkip

Tailzkip Assistant Staff Member Assistant

Who or what is a Lachlan? I have heard the stories, but he remains a mystery.

HippieBanana and SLICE like this.
  6. Little_Lachy

Little_Lachy Member

Any idea when the tournament will be back?

Little_Lachy

7. UnSa

UnSa Assistant Staff Member Assistant

He explained that literally in this one sentence, it's when Lachlan does something about it >.>

8. HippieBanana

HippieBanana Well-Known Member

hmm you should make it so we can all fly and have creative mode and build stuff!

vicpoo123 likes this.
  9. Drakonus75

Drakonus75 Active Member

Even though island is "sleeping" as i call it, there are still people playing, I came in a few days ago and have been busy training and battling other players. Until a new head is appointed, island's become a casual catch, train, and battle server. A great place to make and test teams.

10. vicpoo123

vicpoo123 New Member

You should appoint new helpers to help around
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah we should be able to do that!

HippieBanana likes this.
  11. Drakonus75

Drakonus75 Active Member

That might be good idea, but that privilege will have to be only with people the staff can trust. Give it to even just one wrong person and they could easily crash the server. And with no head admin to fix the crash, it'll be fatal.
    The option i see is a [Builder] rank. The best way i see to implement it would be a separate server only [Builder]s can get to with a copy of the current map(Spawning off, no starter). Every reset, the map will be replaced with the current live map of the season. The admins can publish ideas from that into the live game. That option makes it so that if their build crashes the server, it will not affect the people who are playing the live game.

I've got ideas of using simple hidden piston doors and puzzles to get to secret areas for hidden miniquests with good loot. One of my favorites is an item frame comparator combo lock. You can get the hints from npcs in the area. Just like the current quests, players that have completed the puzzle should not tell/show others how to get past it.

A set of rules can be placed as follows.(Your rank/access may be temp/perm revoked for any infraction depending on severity.)

[Builder]s must have a forum account. (So we can keep in contact with you.)
    No redstone clocks. (These bog down the server and may cause instability.)
    No inappropriate content in build. (Make everything appropriate for all ages, kids play on this server too.)
    No game breaking rewards. (If u can't get it normally, you can't get it from a builder-made quest.)
    Build must never be able to kill someone. (Don't want to discourage players from exploring.)
    You can't discuss or mention your build on the live server. (This might tip off the live players to upcoming content.)
    No Command Blocks, Period. (Too many bad things can happen from using them incorrectly.)
    *If you need a quest sign placed, notify an admin and specify the details of the sign.

If server crashes, the reason will be looked into. If caused by a [Builder], rank or access will be suspended/removed and you will be notified via private forum post.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  12. xevanster13

xevanster13 Admin Staff Member Admin

Correct, if Island crashes, it cannot come back online. And no, people will not fly nor will people get the ability to use creative. The Builder team has been disbanded, and without a Head Admin, there will be no builders. We will try to add some stuff, but personally, I've been focusing on other things that are honestly more important.

13. Little_Lachy

Little_Lachy Member

Yeah the main thing is to get tournaments back. Can anyone message Lachlan to say that this has happened? Also what happens when you post a helper application, so how do you know if you were accepted or declined?

14. UnSa

UnSa Assistant Staff Member Assistant

You'll know if you're accepted if you're promoted on the server. As for declined, or still waiting for a response, you won't know. Basically you can only really tell when you're accepted because that actually has an outcome that happens on the server itself.

15. Little_Lachy

Little_Lachy Member

Ok thanks