Real Talk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dropsy, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Dropsy

Dropsy Admin Staff Member Admin

So, word has gone around by this point, most of you guys know that there is a possibility of the server closing down at the end of this month. This isn't exactly confirmed, but due to the state of the server and recent activity, it's almost inevitable. Many of you have been asking similar questions: "Why is it shutting down? Will there be a reboot? Have Admins been doing anything to stop this? Do the owners care? What about the community?"
    And I'll be honest; you guys have every right to be asking to be asking these questions. The community is what has kept this server alive for the past 3 years, and the community should know what has been going on. This thread is to more-so try and explain how and why what's happening is happening, and if there are more questions I will do my best to answer them in replies or personal messages.
    I know this type of subject of a server actually going down isn't a fun topic at all, but it is something that Pokeballers as a community needs to face. And if my wording seems off on a few of my responses, feel free to contact me and I will try to elaborate in the best way I possibly can.

Why is it shutting down?

Now, while it's not a for sure statement-for all we know, PokeBallers could make it into the month of March-the fact of the matter is that a server needs money to be able to continuously run and be accessed by the community. Not sure if you guys could tell, but the main community of PKB isn't really a lot of new people, but the fanbase that has been here for a while, since around Johto release. For a server to run, and for any relation in business really, there needs to be some type of profit. The reality is that with the same players with the same ranks going around on the server, nothing is actually being bought, so nothing could be paid for. Granted, the server could absolutely be paid out of pocket for the community to still enjoy, but sadly that's not how things are when it comes to business. You can point fingers where you like, but just know that it boils down to lack of exposure and care for a server based on a fad.
    Will there be a reboot?
    Before anyone gets ahead of themselves and banks on PKB coming back, that's not how things are going to work. This is more recent news, but Vale has been asking the community if we all would be interested in having the server brought back up and run by him. THIS IS NOT 100% CONFIRMED NOR 100% GOING TO HAPPEN. He has merely proposed an offer that could happen in later months, earliest being March (if PKB doesn't last.) If the server were to be re-done, you all must know that not all maps would be able to be brought back in the same way they were before. Kanto, Johto, Island, and PT are not able to be re-opened on those exact maps, and something else would have to be done if they were to be re-released.
    Have Admins been doing anything to prevent this?
    I'm going to be completely honest here. Without the Admins and Head Admins, Owners and Devs that have worked on PKB, the server wouldn't have even been able to live through it's first year of being released. You can say what you want, and this is my personal opinion, but servers like ours need to have some type of exposure or content being made on it on some type of schedule to keep new players coming: that's sadly something we didn't have. The admins of this server have been preventing this from happening for the past 2 years, believe it or not, and I think we've done a good job overall. I wish there was more that we could do, all of us do, even those who have left. It's just come to a point of needing the owner to be there, and he just isn't. seeing everyone trying to get his attention and try to get Lachlan to notice what's happening has really been uplifting and giving hope to the situation. The truth is that we have been trying our hardest to keep the server up and running, with the different events and trying to get new players on, but without some type of profit at the end of the month, the server doesn't have the funds to pay for server costs (which amounts to a lot more than you think.)
    Do the Owners care?
    This is more of a question that can get personal, though speaking on their behalf, I can say there has been a lot of behind the scenes that has caused issues in the past. Without going into details, owners/head admins would have left a long time ago if it wasn't for the community we had. They have stayed this long for you guys, because the community has really grown to be very close. There comes a time when it's time to leave though, and that's the point they're at with PKB. The situation isn't one that it's my place to talk about, nor anyone's else's business because it is purely something personal to those people that we just need to know that didn't work out.
    What about the community?
    What about it... honestly, you guys are amazing. Trying to get word around, getting Lachlan's attention, even trying to set up your own servers to keep everyone together. Truly awesome. To be honest, I don't see the server maybe going down really breaking up the friendships that you guys have made on here. I know that PKB was really where we all hung out and did our fun things together, but the relationships I've seen made here are really something, including some of my own. There are always other games, other servers, and even the possibility of eventually having PKB again. There will always be the Discord- come on, who isn't a fan of Blade :p - and Skype and every other form of communication. Nothing will compare to PKB, but it's nice to atleast have the memories.

Hopefully I've helped in understanding some of things and if any of you guys still have questions, feel free to message me or just post it here and I will try to get to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  2. Ishrion

Ishrion Helper Staff Member Helper

3. HippieBanana

HippieBanana Well-Known Member

The truth hurts.

4. GlitchPKMN

GlitchPKMN Active Member

Wish you could sad react posts like you can on facebook :(

5. DisneyPixar

DisneyPixar Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing this up, you all may be sad about this. However, it seems refreshing that options are not exactly huge right now for this, but there is a small chance.
    What I want to encourage, if any of you have a YouTube channel, please try your best to put it out there.

6. Friday

Friday Gym Leader Gym Leader

well. i would like to say that I am confident that the community and the loyal players will stay together and find some way to contine to play with one another. also, dont forget r3. (just joking, but srsly)

7. Doge2k15

Doge2k15 Well-Known Member

We need Stupid Lachlan (that can't stay in a series) to get the hell on I didn't spend so much money on ranks and Pokémon to just lose it all:(

8. DisneyPixar

Easier said than done, I personally just think to let this server go already. It sucks, but what else can we do?

9. Doge2k15

True but we just need summer and youtubers

10. DisneyPixar

Easier said than done once again, for Pokeballers to survive we need some advertisement and money coming through. However, we also need money as a lot of Youtubers would be paid to play on the server. This paying Youtubers to play has worked pretty well, but to keep interest going is another. In my opinion, they would need to open up a whole new server like Hoenn and then get a Youtuber for Pokeballers to keep going, because I doubt their going to just play on a year old map. If they can scrape enough money for that for us not to rely on Lachlan, then that'll be good for the server.

11. HyperSonic567

HyperSonic567 Member

I'm going to be honest-----I was expecting this for a while ;-; . while I've seen many great days on this server, those days are becoming scarce with minimal players to battle, trade or even talk to. I really don't want to see this server die, but (oh god I am so sad I can barley type) I don't want it to suffer, if that makes any sense. I think it finally started tumbling when Bladehell left, imo, but who can blame him? he had servers to work on, and while I will not say that they are better than this one, they definitely got more attention due to popularity.

Now that I am out of things to say(or at least that I can think of without crying), I would like to say a few people that made my pokeballers experience what it was-

-MHSnub- a great pal, gave me my badge when I beat him in the grass gym. although he probably will never see this comment, I want to say he is the TRUE reason I love pixelmon <3

-Rorological- I knew this guy since he was a gym leader. I had great moments with him, and I'm going to miss him.... just realized while writing this that I see him on another server xD

honestly, these are all the people that I remember as good friends. the others left long ago ;-;

I hope vale can do what he says he might do...and...that's all. see you all somewhere else I guess-------HyperSonic567-----

P.S- memories-these are the things that never die any ANY server ever shut down

UltraTrainer123 and Rorological like this.
  12. IonChicken987

IonChicken987 Well-Known Member

Yeap.
    Nothing else to say.

13. Doge2k15

I just don't want to talk or argue anymkre

14. Cfc_

Cfc_ Member

lol rip

15. _Eyolf

_Eyolf New Member

I'm sorry to hear that its shutting down.. personally i haven't played in months but still... if anyone wants to try playing on a new server inbox me..

16. Little_Lachy

Little_Lachy Member

I really hope that it comes back up, I've been here on the server for roughly 2 years and enjoyed every minute of it. I used to go on my PC and load Pokeballers every time i got in from school. All I pray for now is that it gets back and will do my hardest to help. Bye guys :(

17. UltraTrainer123

UltraTrainer123 Gym Leader Staff Member Gym Leader

I will miss all of u

18. Mighty

Mighty Member

Same Lachlan just let this server die which it is a shame it was very good

19. UltraTrainer123

UltraTrainer123 Gym Leader Staff Member Gym Leader

I yelled at him in the comments of his latest video xD

20. Dekrypting

Dekrypting Member

I haven't really played in the past two years, but I still pop up on this server to come and play Island. This was just about the ONLY server with a decent island concept and map. To hear that it may be going under- it kind of makes me sad. I wish I played a bit more to participate in tournaments, to converse with old island players, and just to play in general.

btw for any rly old island people, my username was sewerman2011, Dekrypting, and AeroTiX. I think thats all of the names I played under.

(EDIT) I tried to log onto the server and I just typed the commands to join the different servers. Everything worked except mystery dungeon, johto, and r3. I don't really know if this matters because there's a limit on the server capacity that's super low.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017